Educational Leave

English, Business English, Spanish, French and Italian • Intensive Courses as Educational Leave in Düsseldorf • TÜV Certified Language School


Educational Leave

Language Courses as Educational Leave

As an ISO-certified and AZAV-accredited training provider, our intensive courses with 30 lessons per week are recognized and eligible as educational leave in a large number of federal states.

Educational leave at the Go Academy! Sprachschule Düsseldorf is available as Intensive Group Course and Intensive One-to-One Course in English, Business English, French, Italian and Spanish. Other languages are possible by arrangement as a small group course.

In addition, there is the possibility for workers in NRW, the opportunity to take their educational leave abroad. According to the Employee Training Act NRW (AWbG) educational leave can also be carried out in Paris (Bildungsurlaub Französisch) and London and Brighton (Bildungsurlaub Englisch).

The advantages of language courses as educational leave at GoAcademy! Sprachschule Dusseldorf are:

  • ISO certified AZAV accredited training provider
  • Intensive refresher and extension of your language skills with particularly practical, job-related content
  • Language lessons only with qualified native speakers
  • Paid exemption from your job



Find out in good time with your employer about a suitable time for your educational leave. We recommend a registration 2 to 3 months before the beginning of the course.

You sign up for a language course with us and receive a registration confirmation immediately. In it we certify that you are registered for a recognized education course and provide you with the schedule of the seminar and our recognition as AZAV-accredited training providers.

Please note that the registration certificate must be submitted to the employer, depending on the state, between 4 to 15 weeks before the start of the course.

Upon completion of the educational leave course, you will receive from us a certificate for your employer confirming proper participation in our language course as part of educational leave.

With employee training (education leave), the state promotes the initiative of workers for lifelong learning.

In most federal states (except in Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Saxony and Thuringia) employees are entitled to educational leave. The requirements and the legal basis differ from state to state.

The costs of educational leave are shared by employees (seminar fees) and employers (continued pay). Both benefit from the increase in know-how.

As a general rule, any employee who has worked full-time for at least 6 months in a company is entitled to 5 days' educational leave per calendar year or to 10 days within 2 years.

If you would like to take part in a two-week language course or a two-week language course, you must transfer your educational leave entitlement from one year to the next. You must notify your company in writing about this wish in writing at the turn of the year.

More information, laws and tips on educational leave can be found throughout this website and at

Would you like to book an intensive course as educational leave?



We are happy to help you! If you have any questions about educational leave or if you would like a detailed consultation, our colleague will be pleased to advise you.

You can contact him directly to make an appointment.

Simon Lander

+49 (0) 211 - 68 41 52